Labor & Delivery Room
At Saint Francis Hospital-Bartlett, you have access to a private labor, delivery and recovery room where you and your baby can stay from admission until discharge. You will have the support of a staff dedicated to making your stay comfortable. Our labor and delivery team consists of registered nurses, surgical technicians, a certified lactation consultant, NICU nurses, unit secretaries, and physicians who all work together with a goal of providing the best care possible. All of our registered nurses are trained in fetal monitoring and breastfeeding support.
Some of the features and amenities we offer include:
- Skin-to-skin contact at delivery and rooming-in to promote bonding.
- High risk maternity care.
- A level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for newborns with intermediate level medical problems.
- Two surgical suites for C-sections.
- 24-hour anesthesia support to assist with pain management.
- Breastfeeding support from our lactation consultant.
- A variety of customized newborn photography packages.
- A special celebration lunch or dinner for you and your support person following the birth of your baby.
We also offer free classes to help get you ready for the new addition to your family. Our Gift of Motherhood class guides moms-to-be through their pregnancy. Topics discussed include anatomy and physiology of pregnancy, labor and delivery, newborn care, and postpartum. Our Dynamic Dads class is a boot camp for new dads where veterans (new fathers who bring along their two-month old babies) orient rookies (fathers-to-be) on the realities of fatherhood.
To sign up for these classes or a tour of our Women’s Center, go to our classes and events page or call 866-929-6863. If you can’t visit us in person, view our Women’s Center with a virtual tour.
To hear what patients are saying about giving birth at Saint Francis Hospital-Bartlett, go to Irina’s story.