Recipe: Berry Chia ‘Pudding’ Parfait
How great is it when a sweet healthy dessert can do double-duty as a high-protein breakfast?!
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
• 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
• 3/4 cup fresh mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries)
• 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- In medium bowl stir together yogurt, chia seeds and milk. Let the chia seeds swell and gelatinize for 30 minutes to achieve a pudding like consistency. For optimal results refrigerate overnight and stir again in the morning.
- In a tall parfait glass or medium bowl, layer 1/4 cup chia “pudding,” berries, 1 tsp sliced almonds and repeat this layer order using up all the ingredients.
Nutrition Facts for 350 calories; Fat 8.8 gm; Total Carbs 45.6 gm; Sugars 31.3 gm; Fiber 9.9 gm;
Protein 24.6 gm; Sodium 94 mg
Heart Healthy, Vegan, Low Salt, Gluten-Free